Avalon Transportation is one of the leading and fastest growing transportation companies that deliver premium transportation services nationally to our discerning clientele by our dedicated team of trained professionals. From local charter service to multi-day interstate tours, Avalon Transportation believes your valuable travel time deserves nothing less than the best.
Twenty four hours a day, 365 days a year, our customer service representatives are available to anticipate our clients’ needs and guarantee every request is met with personal attention. Our fully computerized infrastructure quietly ensures accuracy and to-the-minute updates regarding all dispatch, reservations and billing information.
The Avalon Transportation charter driver is a consummate professional-highly trained and required to complete a rigorous and detailed program before they take the wheel.
We are currently seeking a Certified Driver to join our team in Beaumont Texas.
$2,500 Signing Bonus
Benefits including Medical, Dental & Vision
Full Time Work
Our Charter Drivers work under the general supervision of the General Manager to provide safe, reliable, and comfortable transportation to a diverse clientele.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Picking passengers up at locations such as schools / airports / offices / military installations / etc. and transporting them to their diverse destinations.
- Greet passengers at the entrance door as they board and disembark the vehicle while ensuring that they are comfortable during the entire journey.
- Load and unload personal belongings from vehicle if necessary.
- Lawfully operate and handle vehicle within parameters needed to provide a safe and comfortable experience for passengers, themselves, the vehicle and others.
- Accurately detail all stops, services and changes to job. Turn in all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Drivers must use the onboard Electronic logging devices (ELD’s).
- Keep vehicle clean at all times
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
- May be requested to fulfill multiday trips with hotel provided.
- Class B Driver’s License with Passenger & Air Brake Endorsements
- SPAB certification or School Bus License
- Strong work ethic and business environment appearance
- Clean driving record and ability to pass background and drug screening.
- Ability to operate electronic devices and applications.
- Ability to conduct himself/herself in a courteous and businesslike manner at all times
- Extensive knowledge of surrounding areas
- Past experience as a charter driver is preferred
- Must be willing and physically able to lift and move baggage (up to 75 lbs), maneuver up and down stairs, repeatedly bend, kneel and stretch.
- Must be able to remain stationary (standing and/or sitting) for extended periods of time.